As a DevOps engineer within our Product Development team, you will be responsible for our internal and external cloud systems and the build, packaging and release of our Database as a Service offering. The Tesora DBaaS Platform is built upon the OpenStack Trove project combining open source technologies with our enterprise focused additions. You will join a small team of dedicated, experienced engineers working to build a world-class product. You have a desire to learn and adapt to new technologies and frameworks and are eager to work on exciting and innovative technologies.
- Ensure the development team has the systems and infrastructure they need to develop and test software in a variety of environments.
- Design, develop and test scripts and processes for the build, packaging and release of new product versions.
- Implement and maintain our OpenStack CI infrastructure based on current OpenStack community best practices
- Actively participate in the OpenStack infrastructure community.
- BS or MS in Computer Science
- 2-5+ years experience in a DevOps role
- Strong engineer and coder with experience using languages such as Python, Ruby, Shell scripting, Java etc.
- Highly proficient in a Linux environment
- Experience with some or all of:
o Jenkins, Gerrit, Git, JIRA
o Configuration management – Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt
o Private and public clouds, especially with OpenStack distributions
o Virtualization – VMWare, KVM, QEMU
o Database – MySql, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MongoDB or Cassandra
o Release management, packaging
- Proven people skills with an emphasis on teamwork
- Self-starter attitude with a strong desire to learn new concepts and thrive on a high-powered team
This position will be working from our Cambridge, MA location that is conveniently located near the Alewife T Station (Red Line).
Apply by Email